Assessment & Planning Reports
Academic Assessment Process
Principles of Academic Program Assessment
- The goal of assessment is to further a culture of student learning at SVSU; assessment measures are employed to help achieve that goal.
- The emphasis of assessment is on program evaluation to improve student learning.
- Departments/Programs define their own program goals and determine how they are to be addressed; the Academic Program Assessment Advisory Board facilitates the process.
- For assessment to be effective, results of assessment activities must be used to further develop programs.
- Assessment results are used in decisions regarding resource allocations.